Friday, April 8, 2011

Wild Horses: Capturing, surrendering & adopting

I think the first thing anyone thinks about when they start is a wild horse.Money? Who cares about money! bring on the horses! well let me tell you a little secret. Your not going to find a wild horse right out of the gate. I hoped I would, but it didn't happen.  Unlike HI 1, you don't just walk around until you spot "Wild Horse" on the right of your screen.  Nope. Nope Nope. Wild horses, are out there for everyone to see. It's not like finding a coin and placing your foot on it, so no one will see it.  There is no hiding of the ponies.

Finding a wild horse
finding a wild horse isn't easy, but you should know that wild horses only appear on islands that do not have major cities.  In my personal experience I  have found more wild horses while I was in the middle of a quest, rather than actually looking for one.  You are also more likely to find a horse on an isle that's not consumed with people. It's harder to find horses in peak hours



Capturing 
So you've spotted a wild horse. Yay! Doesn't it make you feel all giddy?  Ok, first things first! When you click on the horse you will see "Capture" and "Look"  I know if it's your first wild horse, you'll click on capture right away. My first capture was a bay Andalusian stallion. (Who is now named Haiku)  I found him on one of the small desert isles, the rest is history and he's still in my possession.  Anyway! Keep in mind that you should always look first. It will tell you the gender,breed and color of the horse.

Once you click "Capture" a mini game will start, and let me tell you, it's different than the one on HI 1  You have to walk around, using the directional arrows to track down the wild horse.  I will start by going to the corners of the screen hoping to catch a glimpse of hoof prints.  Once I find those, I know it won't be long till I find Mr. Horse.  When you do, he'll run away.  Your best bet is to trail after him,  and try to guide him to a corner, (Or against something) When he's in a corner, you click your mouse and a lasso will come out, it will create a ring, and will slowly get larger, you must strategically wait until that horse's neck touches the purple lasso before you click.  If you don't the lasso will close too short and he will get away. If you don't catch him, don't worry.  It's a game that takes a bit of practice. You can always try again, but you have to wait a couple minuets between tries.

Wild Horses and Other Players
It's gonna happen your going to come up on someone else who found a horse, or others may crowd you when you find one. If I spot someone with a horse, I generally, have a look at it, and wish them good luck and go on about my way. If people don't want a horse, or can't catch it, they will sometimes tell you to have a try. So it pays to be polite. 

Sometimes people aren't so nice. But know this. when you are trying to capture a horse. No one else can catch it at the same time. They must wait until the horse is caught or the game is over for their turn,  So if someone darts in front of you don't worry.  If they don't catch it, they have to wait a few minuets before they can try again, which means. it's your turn to take a crack at it.  I have had people messaging me about how they deserved the horse, and blah blah blah. in the middle of my game. if this happens to you, just ignore it and have your turn.  Generally you'll find that there are people who are willing to take turns. Be a good sport and like I said it pays to be polite. Remember you will find more wild horses, so if someone else catches it, it's no big thing! On to the next horse!

Surrendering
So you've caught Mr. Horse (Or maybe it's Miss) but what if he's not exactly what you want? No worries. Instead of letting a horse take up space (since you can only have five to start) You can head on down to the barn. Click on the owner, and surrender, and select the horse you want to give up for adoption. Make sure you go to the horses profile and change his status to "Want to sell" Or else he won't show up. It doesn't cost anything to give up a horse.    I will normally give up horses that are too skittish. (Meaning they won't go into caves) or too antisocial (They go poof when cities get crowded) but it depends on what you want in a horse.

Adopting
Any horse that is surrendered, will be up for adoption. Since finding a wild for first horse is rare, adoption is your best bet. It's where I found my first horse Aria, a white gray Andalusian mare with a "Party Animal" personality.  (People will give up decent horses!) And their not expensive. A couple of little quests and you should be able to afford one.And there are plenty to choose from.

Finding a wild horse just takes time. The game takes a little getting used to but before you know it, it'll be a snap.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Can i ask you a question?
    Where can i find wild horses to capture, which isle??
    Regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask you a question?
    How do you get to Brown Isle?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brown isle is not the best place any remote isle (meaning it dosnt have an arena) can have wild horses, but bigger isles do tend to have more horses

    ReplyDelete